Today was a good day. This weekend was a great weekend. A nice, long weekend.
Friday was really fun, because I went to Brianna's for lunch with her and her mom. We had yummy food :) After that, Bri and I walked back to my house - it took us about 45 minutes. After we got back to my house, Patito, Cristina, and I gave her a tour of the apartment. Then, we went out to the veranda and took pictures. Patito came out and helped us out a bit. He was quite the photographer. haha After that we hung out till Colin came over. Once he got over we couldn't figure out what we wanted to do so I asked Cristina if there was anything fun to do on the weekends. She didn't say "mira" which kind of means "look" and she brought us to the table, set out a table cloth, and brought out cards. haha Bri, Colin, and I looked at each other and smiled. It's not exactly what we meant when we asked her if there was anything to do here, but it ended up being GREAT. Us three and Cristina and Patito played cards until Once. Then, after Once we watched Who Wants to be a Millionaire (Spanish version of course) then watched Clue. It was really, really fun.
Saturday, I did homework in the morning and then in the afternoon Cristina's son and his family came over. It was better this weekend, because I understood the conversation where-as last weekend I couldn't understand a thing when we were with their friends. My Spanish is getting better =D Then Saturday night Colin, Bri, and I walked around Viña, went to a restaurant for Colin to get dinner (I just got water and tea), walked around Viña more, went to the mall and walked around, then went to this place called Nubes Bar (Clouds Bar). It was really funny, because it is a bar that has a coffee-shop feel with acoustic, live music. You would think you were in a coffee shop until you saw the bar. We all ordered a drink, sat back, talked, and listened to the live music. After that we all went home. It was another great night =D
Today, I went to a church here in Viña. It was great being able to back with a body of believers. I can't wait till I can go back. It was so cool to see people on a completely different continent worshiping the same God. =) After church, Colin, Bri, and I went on an adventure. We took the metro till the end, then hopped on a bus, and ended up in a little town called Olmue. We didn't know anything about this town except that Colin's mom said we should go there because it is beautiful and there are things to do. We had no idea what to expect. Well, it was a pleasant surprise. It was soooo BEAUTIFUL. It is surrounded by mountains and is just a little, really old Chilean town. However, I was really dressed for the occasion. I had a nice sweater on and my black boots that I wore to church, but it still was reallllly fun. We got the best empanadas at a small little restaurant (super cheap too!), went shopping at the art tents, and went walking up into the mountains. Colin and I are going to go back and go hiking. I'm super duper excited. Here are some pictures from the past few days:
 |
| We went out to dinner this past Thursday night and this was my little expresso coffee that was really good! (and small) |
 |
| My beautiful ring in a flower in our garden. |
 |
| My ring and another rose :) |
 |
| Bri and I during our mini photo shoot on the veranda :) |
 |
| Silly Picture! |
 |
| Cuchito, our cat, and I |
 |
| More of Bre and I (this is outside the window of my bedroom) |
 |
| Our garden - beautiful! |
 |
| At dinner Saturday night |
 |
| At Nubes Bar with our drinks :) |
 |
| At the metro station in Limache, waiting for the bus to take us to Olmue |
 |
| The outside of the sign outside the restaurant we ate at. |
 |
| The view I had while eating my empanada outside =) |
 |
| The plaza at Olmue |
 |
| Colin and I at lunch |
 |
| the little restaurant |
 |
| My empanada and tea! |
 |
| inside my empanada - mmm!! |
 |
| mountains in Olmue |
 |
| More mountains |
 |
| more beautiful mountains |
 |
| Colin and I during our hike |
 |
| walking through Olmue on our mini hike |
Before I go, I just want to say thank-you to those who have been praying for me. I just know that God has been working through those prayers. This past week was hard, but this weekend just turned out to be great. I was on my knees a lot in prayer - some times in requesting but a lot of it in praise because of what I have seen God been doing in my life this weekend. =)
One other thing - I just wanted to say how proud I am of my fiancé Jordan, because he passed his state exam to transact accident and health insurance. He has been working so hard to achieve this. I am so thankful to God for being so faithful and good in helping Jordan through this exam.
No comments:
Post a Comment