Sunday, May 22, 2011

I'm Here!!

So there is so much to write. Where to start? Well, first God has REALLY blessed me. I could go on and on and on about this. He has just worked all things out PERFECTLY.

Day 1: Saturday

I arrived at Chicago and got into line after hugging my parents and Josh goodbye. Right as I got into line at the American Airlines this elderly man in front of me began a conversation. He asked where I was going, and he proceeded to say that he and his wife were going on a cruise in Europe (how cool!). We chit chatted for a while, and he and his wife were just the nicest things. That started the trip off well =)

Then, the cool part. You know how they have those crazy x-ray scan things at the airport? Well, I had to either go through it or get a pat down. I got the pat down. The cool part about this is that it was like some crazy action movie. I go to the guy and I'm like, "I don't want to go through the machine." "You do know that you will have a pat-down?" "Yes." The man speaking into his microphone, "We have an opt-out. We have an opt-out." Then the light comes on on the door and this lady comes flying through the door and tells me to follow her. It was quite the scene. haha

Anyways probably most didn't find that funny except me. So on to the next part. I find my gate, sat down, and waited to board the plane to Miami. After I found my sit, I realized I would be sitting next to some agitated, not so very nice people. Then the flight attendant asked me to another seat, because they needed the one I was in for someone else. I gladly gave mine up. So I moved up to C-16 and sat down. I realized the elderly couple next to me was speaking Spanish and got excited. I took out my first Spanish book (well, one that isn't a textbook) and began reading. I came to a word I didn't know and leaned over and asked the lady next to me what it meant. Well, after that we hit it off and she actually was from Santiago, Chile.  We talked about Chile, life, Jordan, her husband and family, and she gave me some wisdom about marriage. Her and her husband have been married for 50 years! Talk about some good advice. You could just see in her eyes a woman that lives a fulfilling life. God really was great on this one =D

After I got into Miami, I got food at Wendy's and sat down and ate while I waited to board. I talked on my phone for the last time in 2 months. This flight was kind of hard, because it was 8 hours from 12a.m.-8a.m. We did get a stupendous breakfast of yogurt, croissant, orange juice, and a coffee. I slept on and off, grabbed my seat a lot of times in fear because of all the turbulence, but I made it. =)

Day 2: Sunday

Today I got to the airport and I met Bri in the line from immigration. She is from Pennsylvania and recently got engaged too! We are both going to the university in Valparaíso, and we stayed together through immigration, customs, etc. We actually ended riding together with another student to Viña del Mar (where we are staying). Our driver was really nice, and he showed us sites on the way to Viña. Bri lives about 20 minutes from me. She lives more towards the city, but I live on the coast. Once I got to my home, Cristina came and greeted me with a huge hug! She and Patricio then gave me a tour of their home, my room, etc. I then started unpacking while Cristina made lunch. Lunch is their big meal of the day. I then came out and we had lunch for a LONG time. We ate and ate and talked and talked. It was great. We had three, or four, courses. First, we had some appetizers of pastry,cheese, and meat and also some really good vanilla alcoholic drink. Then we had salad and bread. Then the next course was fish, shell fish, and potato. After that we had banana with honey. That was my first time having that, and it was so good! After that I finished unpacking, setting up my room, and Patricio helped me hook up my computer to the internet. We then went outside to look at the veranda outside our apartment complex. IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!! We are right on the ocean, and the view is just spectacular. It isn't really good and isn't really hot. It's just right. =) Patricio took tons of pictures of me out on the veranda. He is really great, and he is just like a grandpa already.

Well, that's all for now.




Karina

No comments:

Post a Comment